Can cannabis and ginger be considered safe and effective treatments for hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness during pregnancy)?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
People have long asked me to do videos about medical marijuana, but because of the stigma only recently have there been a substantial number of clinical studies published. As soon as there’s a critical mass, I’ll put out a series of videos on the potential pros and cons.
What else can ginger do? See:
• Reducing Radiation Damage With Ginger & Lemon Balm (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-radiation-damage-with-ginger-and-lemon-balm/)
• Which Spices Fight Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/)
• Spicing Up DNA Protection (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/spicing-up-dna-protection/)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-rheumatoid-arthritis/)
• Peppermint Aromatherapy for Nausea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/peppermint-aromatherapy-for-nausea/)
• Ginger for Migraines (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/ginger-for-migraines/)
• Boosting Brown Fat Through Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-brown-fat-through-diet/)
• Fennel Seeds for Menstrual Cramps and PMS (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fennel-seeds-for-menstrual-cramps-and-pms/)
Check out my favorite way to eat ginger here: Dr. Greger’s Natural Nausea Remedy Recipe (http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/05/28/dr-gregers-natural-nausea-remedy-recipe/)
Other healthy pregnancy videos include:
• Heart Disease May Start in the Womb (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-disease-may-start-in-the-womb)
• Lead Contamination of Tea (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lead-contamination-of-tea/)
• Caution: Anti-inflammatory Foods in the Third Trimester (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/caution-anti-inflammatory-foods-in-the-third-trimester/)
• Flame Retardant Pollutants and Child Development (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/flame-retardant-pollutants-and-child-development/)
• Why Do Vegan Women Have 5x Fewer Twins? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/why-do-vegan-women-have-5x-fewer-twins/)
• Pollutants in Salmon and Our Own Fat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pollutants-in-salmon-and-our-own-fat/)
• Bacon, Eggs, and Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bacon-eggs-and-gestational-diabetes-during-pregnancy-2/)
• How Long to Detox From Fish Before Pregnancy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-long-to-detox-from-fish-before-pregnancy/)
• Meat Fumes: Dietary Secondhand Smoke (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-fumes-dietary-secondhand-smoke/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/natural-treatments-morning-sickness and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Sarah / Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org